Good day friends,
According to Phillippa Lally, Ph.D., a senior researcher at University College London it takes about 66 days to get into a routine or form a new habit.
28 Days of practicing Gratitude….
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 25: Cue the Magic
Today’s activity is going to so much fun. We are going to play a game with The Universe.
Imagine the Universe is friendly and caring. It wants you to have everything you want in life. Because the Universe can’t just walk up to you and give you what you want, it uses the Law of Attraction to gives you clues to remind you to be grateful.
For today’s activity, you must be aware of your surroundings. Here are a few examples. If you hear an ambulance siren or see one, the cue from the Universe is to be grateful for perfect health. If you see a police car, it’s your cue to be grateful for safety and security. If you see someone reading a newspaper, it’s your cue to be thankful for good news.
If you want to lose weight, and you see someone with the body of your dreams, it’s your cue to be thankful for your perfect weight. When you walk past your bank or an ATM, it’s your cue to be grateful for plenty of money. You will receive a lot of cues, depending on what your wishing for.
Today be alert to what’s around you and take at least seven gratitude cues from the events in your day. Have fun doing it.
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.