Good morning friends,
Did you have a peaceful night’s rest?
I am a bit late this morning, please forgive me. I slept in today. We had load shedding again from 2:00am to 4:30am this morning. Like yesterday the mosquitoes had a field day and were in full-bloodsucking mode.
Ogies woke us up around 7:38, angry with me. I missed her 7:00am feeding time. After I went and gave her some food, I got back in bed for some extra sleep. I woke up with a bang around 8:45am. Jumped out of bed, got dressed, and went to Dad’s flat.
I made Dad’s breakfast and took it to him. He was snoring away. Snuffels, Dad’s dog, was also in Sunday mode. He just laid on the couch, looking at me and waving his tail…
I cleaned out the birdcages and gave Spyker and Poplap fresh food and water. Not that the water will be fresh in about an hour. Both always wash as soon as I put fresh water in their cages. This afternoon I will replace the water again.
My quiet times in the mornings are getting longer these days. I do my Bible study and; have a conversation with my Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I can do this in my garden every morning, weather permitting.
It’s a beautiful day. Only a light breeze and it is going to be 28°C. Tonight we are having load shedding between 6:00pm and 8:30pm. This mean we are spending tonight outside enjoying the garden and cool air.
I decided to do my gratitude journal and reading The Magic by Rhonda Byrne in the morning and, now I spend much more time in the garden. It is like I can think better outside.
Today’s activity for the 28 days of Gratitude is focusing on health. Every morning you must say, Thank you for each part of your body and your senses.
“Thank you for my legs and feet.”
“Thank you for my arms, hands, and fingers.”
“Thank you for my amazing sense of taste.”
“Thank you for my wonderful sense of smell.”
“Thank you for my precious sense of touch.”
“Thank you for my eyes, that enable me to see everything.”
“Thank you for my hearing.”
“Thank you for my brain and my beautiful mind.”
“Thank you, organs, for working perfectly.”
“Thank you, cells, for working hard to give me a healthy body.”
“Thank you for my strong and healthy heart.”
On a piece of paper or a card, write in bold letters.
THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.
Put this card in a place where you can see it. During the day at least 4 times, read it slowly, and be grateful; for your health.
I am adding today’s activity to my daily gratitude routine.
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say Thank you.
Have a blessed Sunday everyone.