Good day friends,
According to Phillippa Lally, Ph.D., a senior researcher at University College London it takes about 66 days to get into a routine or form a new habit.
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 11: Morning Routine
“When you arise in the morning, think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love.” ~Marcus Aurelius
The easiest way to ensure you have a fantastic day is to fill your morning with gratitude. This activity will not slow you down because you do this on the go. When you open your eyes after a good night’s sleep before you make a move, say Thank you. Thank you for being alive, “thank you” for been given another day of life. You must remember every day we wake up is a precious gift. Say thank you for a good night’s rest. Say thank you for the comfortable bed you slept in.
When your feet hit the ground, say thank you. When you enter your bathroom, brush your teeth, take a shower, say thank you. Thank you for a bathroom, thank you for toothpaste and a toothbrush, thank you for running water, thank you for the soap, shampoo, conditioner, cloth, and towel. Thank you for the toilet facilities. Thank you for the clothes and shoes in your wardrobe. Say thank you for every little thing you see and have that makes your life easier.
When you go to the kitchen say thank you. Again say thank you for every little thing you use and have to make your life easier. You don’t have to say it out loud. Just say thank you in your mind.
I am adding today’s activity to my daily routine list. This is just a guideline, you can make your own daily gratitude routine.
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With al my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.