28 Weeks of practicing Gratitude….
Week 18: The Magical To-Do List
“The world is full of magical things waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” ~ Eden Phillpotts
“Really, when you think about it, gratitude is your best friend. It is always there for you, always available to help you it will never fail you or let you down, and the more heavily you lean on it, the more it will do for you, and the more it will enrich your life. Today’s magical practice will show you how to lean on gratitude even more, so it can do far more magical things for you.
Every day there are little life problems that come up and that need solving. Sometimes we can feel overwhelmed if we don’t know how to solve a situation. Maybe your problem is that you don’t have enough time for all the things you need to do, and you’re at a loss because there are only twenty-four hours in the day. It may be that you feel overwhelmed from work, and you want more free time, but you can’t see any way to have it. You may be at home taking care of children, and you’re feeling frazzled or exhausted, but you don’t have the means to get the support to give you time out. You may be faced with a problem that needs fixing, but you have no idea which way to turn to fix it. You may have lost something and tried your best to locate it, but had no luck. Or you might want to find something, like the perfect pet, perfect babysitter, great hairdresser or amazing dentist or doctor, and despite your efforts, you haven’t been able to find what you need. You could be in an uncomfortable situation because of something a person has asked you to do, and you don’t know how to respond to them. Or you could be in some kind of dispute with someone, and instead of getting it resolved, things seem to be getting worse.
This Magical To-Do List practice will help you with any little day-to-day problems when you don’t know what to do, or when you simply want something to be done for you. You will be amazed at the results.
When you combine gratitude’s magical power with the law of attraction, people, circumstances, and events must be rearranged to do what you want done for you! You will not know how it will happen, or how it will be done for you, and that is not your job. Your job is simply to be grateful as you can be for what you want done right now, as though it were done. And then let the magic happen!”Rhonda Byrne, The Magic
Gratitude is your best friend. It is always there for you and available to help you. When you use gratitude, you are open to receive all the gifts from the Universe.
All of us at times feel overwhelmed, exhausted, and need more hours in our days. I have never used To-Do lists. I just woke up and started my day. In 1998 my life started spinning out of control, and I got panic attacks and could not sleep. I needed more than 24 hours in my day.
Then I started making To-Do lists. Life got more organized, but I still did not get through everything on my list. After a few days, I get overwhelmed, stressed out, and take it out on everyone around me.
Since I started my daily gratitude routine, it got much better. Every day unforeseen things happen, and it makes you spin out of control. Most times, the” not so important” items on your list get transferred to the next day. Before you know it, three months past and it is still on your list.
When I read today’s chapter, I got excited.
When you combine gratitude’s magical power with the law of attraction, people, circumstances, and events must be re-arranged to do what you want to do for yourself. Why don’t we do this?
This week we are making our written Magical To-Do list. What you put on your list is up to you. You can put on things you would like done for you. Things you don’t have the time to do or don’t want to do. Think about all the areas of your life where you need something done or resolved for you.
After finishing up your list, pick three things from your list to focus on today. One by one, take a minute and imagine that it is finished. Imagine that all people, circumstances, and events have moved to do it for you. You can do the above for all the things on your To-Do list until everything is marked.
Remember, the law of attraction says, “like, attracts like.” That means that when you are grateful for the solutions as though you have them, you will attract everything you need in your life to resolve the situation. Focusing on problems attracts more problems.
Daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
Thank you with all my heart for stopping by. Thank you for your continued support. I am truly grateful for every view, like, follow and comment.
Stay safe and grateful.
Have a Blessed day.