28 Weeks of practicing Gratitude….
Week 9: The Money Magnet
“It is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.”Dietrich Bonhoffer
“Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty; it’s the golden rule of your whole life, whether it’s your health, job, relationships, or money. The more grateful you can be for the money you have, even if you don’t have very much, the more riches you will receive. And the more you complain about money, the poorer you will become…
…Most people wouldn’t think they complain about money, but if there is a lack of money in their life they are complaining without realizing it. Complaining happens through people’s thoughts as well as their words, and most people aren’t aware of the many thoughts in their head. Any complaining, negative, jealous, or worried thoughts or words about money are literally creating poverty. And of course the biggest complaints come when money has to be paid out…..
….If you don’t have enough money, the last thing you would normally do is feel grateful for your bills, but in fact that’s exactly what you have to do to receive more money in your life. To have a rich life, you must be grateful for everything to do with money, and begrudging your bills is not being grateful. You must do exact the opposite, which is to be grateful for the goods or services you’ve received from those who billed you. It is such a simple thing to do, but it will have a monumental effect on the money in your life. You will literally become a money magnet!…”The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
Bills are something everybody has in common. I am self-employed and do not have a steady monthly paycheck at the end of each month, so this activity is definitely for me.
Let me explain to you how I sometimes feel when I get an email with a bill attached. I get short of breath and begin to panic. Where am I going to get the money to pay all the bills this month? Somehow at every month, I do make payments on all my bills. Sometimes a few days late, but God/the universe make sure I have the necessary funds to do it.
It was not always like this. At times I had to pick and choose what bills I am going to pay. Sometimes I would only pay a small amount on each one to say that I paid something. Then I learned about The Secret in 2008. I started to be more grateful for what I had. My financial situation also improved. But I am still worrying most months.
Who complains when they see the outstanding amount on the utility bill? I do, and it must stop. It is my fault I am panicking.
Let’s stop complaining and be grateful. When you receive your utility bill, think of all the hot showers and baths you took during the month. Think about all the times you switched on the lights or charge your phone or laptop. Think about all the times you cooked food and how you keep your refrigerator running. Then think about how much the utility company trusts you to pay your bill at the end of the month. Do the same with everyone you receive from now on, and be grateful for the service and products you received.
This week’s activity is simple. You only need to do this when you receive your bills and pay them. Find any currently unpaid bills and write across them. “Thank you for the money,” and feel grateful for having the money to pay the bill, whether you have it or not. I receive my bills via email. I made a screenshot of each one and Typed in red letters over it in my gallery editor. The second part of this week’s activity is to find ten paid bills. Write across them “Thank you, Paid.” Be grateful for the money you had to pay them.
Daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.