28 Weeks of practicing Gratitude….
Week 5: Magic Money
“Gratitude is riches. Complaint is poverty.” ~ Christian Science Hymnal
“If there’s a lack of money in your life, understand that feeling worried, envious, jealous, disappointed, discouraged, doubtful, or fearful about money can never bring more money to you, because those feelings from lack of gratitude for money you have.
Complaining about money, arguing about money, getting frustrated about money, being critical of the cost of something, or making someone else feel bad about money are not acts of gratitude, and the money in your life can never improve; it will worsen.
No matter what your current situation, the very thought that you don’t have enough money is being ungrateful for the money you have. You have to get your current situation out of your mind and instead feel grateful for the money you do have, so the money in your life can magically increase!”The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
I don’t know about you, but I find it difficult when I walk into the supermarket and see how the prices of everything have increased and my income decreased. I now realize after reading this chapter for the second time I do have to change my mindset. I am grateful for all the money I receive, and that I am able pay my bills at the end of the month. But I make this gratitude undone by, stressing over next months bills that needs to be paid. From now on I am going to try something different when I go to the supermarket. Instead of complain about the prices of the food, I am rather going to be grateful that I have money to buy what we need.
This weeks activity is all about Money. I must say I never thought about all the money I have received since I was a baby…. Okay I am not talking about money I received that reflected in my bank account or in my piggy bank. I am talking about food, drinks, a home, pets, gifts, electricity, water, sport, hobbies, doctors appointments, education, toiletries, clothes the list goes on and on.
For this weeks activity go sit down and think about everything big or small where money was paid for you, say and feel the magic words, thank you, with all your heart for each instance.
Take a 1 Dollar Bill or what ever currency you have ( I took a R20 bill) and stick a note on the bill and write in bold letters.
“THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE!“
Take the bill with you today. Take it in your hand and read the note and be truly grateful for the abundance of money you’ve been given.
After today, put your Magic Bill somewhere you will see it every day to remind you to continue to be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life.
Daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.