28 Weeks of practicing Gratitude….
Week 10: Be Kind and Grateful
“No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” ~ Saint Ambrose
“Ancient spiritual teachings say that what we give to another person with a full heart returns to us a hundredfold. So being grateful and saying thank you to another person for anything you receive from them is not only urgent, it’s vital to improving your life!
Gratitude is a powerful energy, and so whomever you direct gratitude’s energy toward, that’s where it goes. If you think of gratitude’s energy looking like sparkling magic dust, then when you express gratitude to another person in return for something you’ve received from them, you are literally sprinkling them with that magic dust! The powerful, positive energy in magic dust reaches and affects whomever you sprinkle it on.”The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
This week’s activity is a piece of cake. It is supposed to be second nature to you and me. Say thank you when someone does something for you.
Just imagine that you can see gratitude as magic dust. Every time you say thank you to someone, and you mean it, you sprinkle the magic dust all over them.
Think about all the cleaners working behind the scenes to keep our streets, shopping malls, public toilets, public transport, and offices clean daily. You do not have to say thank you to each one personally but if you walk past one, say thank you in your head.
The list of people behind the scenes goes on. Today and the rest of the week as you go about your day, think about them, and say “Thank you.”
When someone has an attitude towards you, don’t take it personally. Say, “Thank you” anyway. You don’t know what that person is going through in their life. There might be a reason why they react as they did.
“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” ~ Philo of Alexandria
When you say thank you to someone, it is important to look at his or her face. They will not feel your gratitude when you look at the ground or say thank you in the air. Look at them and be sincere.
Everyday, sprinkle magic dust on ten people who perform services you benefit from; by thanking them directly or mentally acknowledging and thanking them. Feel grateful to them for the service they perform.
Daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.