Good day friends,
Over the next few weeks, I am reading, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Some days I will Quote a page or just give you a summary of what I read and how I understand it. I am just an ordinary person, and I find it interesting how different people and cultures see the world. This is not based on any typical religion. I hope you find it as interesting as I did. Please keep an open mind.
Domestication and the Dream of The Planet: Part 11
“In your whole life nobody has ever abused you more than you have abused yourself. And the limit of you self-abuse is exactly the limit that you will tolerate from someone else. If someone abuses you a little more than you abuse yourself, you will probably walk away from that person. But if someone abuses you a little less than you abuse yourself, you will stay in the relationship and tolerate it endlessly.
If you abuse yourself very badly, you can even tolerate someone who beats you up, humiliates you, and treats you like dirt. Why? Because in your belief system you say, “I deserve it. This person is doing me a favor by being with me. I’m not worthy of love and respect. I’m not good enough.”
We have the need to be accepted and to be loved by others, but we cannot accept and love ourselves. The more self-love we have, the less we will experience self-abuse. Self-abuse comes from self-rejection, and self-rejection comes from having an image of what it means to be perfect and never measuring up to that ideal. Our image of perfection is the reason we reject ourselves; it is why we don’t accept ourselves the way we are, and why we don’t accept others the way they are.”The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Again I have to agree with the Author. We do abuse ourselves. We are never happy with the way we look and how we are suppose to react. We paint this perfect picture in our minds of how we and others is suppose to react in certain circumstances. What the perfect body looks like. What the perfect man or woman looks like. How a perfect relationship looks like. But the fact is every person on earth has his or her own perfect picture in their mind.
We must stop rejecting ourselves. We must learn to love ourselves again. Then the self abuse will stop and we will be able to see the dream clearer.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.
Schedule for Gratitude. Love. Positivity Posts
- Monday – Practicing Gratitude (Using The Magic by Rhonda Byrne as guideline)
- Tuesday & Wednesday – Talk about current book. (The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)
- Thursday – Quote on a photo.
- Friday – Refer to something in The daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- Saturday and Sunday – Quotes
List Of Books used in Gratitude. Love. Positivity posts:
- The Everything Law of Attraction Book by Meera Lester
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
- The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Hero by Rhonda Byrne
- Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- The Greatest Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Master of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz