Good day friends,
Over the next few weeks, I am reading, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Some days I will Quote a page or just give you a summary of what I read and how I understand it. I am just an ordinary person, and I find it interesting how different people and cultures see the world. This is not based on any typical religion. I hope you find it as interesting as I did. Please keep an open mind.
Domestication and the Dream of the Planet: Part 8
“Religions say that hell is a place of punishment, a place of fear, pain, and suffering, a place where the fire burns you. Fire is generated by emotions that come from fear. Whenever we feel the emotions of anger, jealousy, envy, or hate, we experience a fire burning within us. We are living in a dream of hell.
If you consider hell as a state of mind, then hell is all around us. Others may warn us that if we don’t do what they say we should do, we will go to hell. Bad news! We are already in hell, including the people who tell us that. No human can condemn another to hell because we are already there. Others can put us into deeper hell, true. But only if we allow this to happen.
Every human has his or her own personal dream, and just like the society dream, it is often ruled by fear. We learn to dream hell in our own life, in our personal dream. The same fears manifest in different ways for each person, of course, but we experience anger, jealousy, hate, envy, and other negative emotions. Our personal dream can also become an ongoing nightmare where we suffer and live in a state of fear. But we don’t need to dream a nightmare. It is possible to enjoy a pleasant dream.”The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
I do agree with the author. We do live in our own hell. But it is our choice. If I have to take myself as a example I also create my own hell. I set very high standards for myself others. When I am not happy with the outcome I get angry with myself and those who did not meet it.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.
Schedule for Gratitude. Love. Positivity Posts
- Monday – Practicing Gratitude (Using The Magic by Rhonda Byrne as guideline)
- Tuesday & Wednesday – Talk about current book. (The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)
- Thursday – Quote on a photo.
- Friday – Refer to something in The daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- Saturday and Sunday – Quotes
List Of Books used in Gratitude. Love. Positivity posts:
- The Everything Law of Attraction Book by Meera Lester
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
- The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Hero by Rhonda Byrne
- Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- The Greatest Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Master of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz