Good day friends,
Over the next few weeks, I am reading, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Some days I will Quote a page or just give you a summary of what I read and how I understand it. I am just an ordinary person, and I find it interesting how different people and cultures see the world. This is not based on any typical religion. I hope you find it as interesting as I did. Please keep an open mind.
Domestication and the Dream of the Planet: Part 6
“There is something in our minds that judges everybody and everything, including the weather, the dog, the cat – everything. The inner Judge uses what is in our Book of Law to judge everything we do and don’t do, everything we think and don’t think, and everything we feel and don’t feel. Everything lives under the tyranny of this Judge. Every time w do something that goes against the Book of Law, the Judge says we are guilty, we need to be punished, we should be ashamed. This happens many times a day, day after day, for all the years of our lives.
There is another part of us that receives the judgements, and that part is called the Victim. The Victim carries the blame, the guilt, and the shame. It is the part of us that says, “Poor me, I’m not good enough, I’m not intelligent enough, I’m not attractive enough, I’m not worthy of love, poor me.” The big Judge agrees and says, “Yes, you are not good enough.” And this is all based on a belief system that we never chose to believe. These beliefs are so strong, that even years later when we are exposed to new concepts and try to make our own decisions, we find that these beliefs still control our lives.”The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
We believe everything that is in the Book of Law that we created for ourselves. We are afraid to challenge our own beliefs. We tell ourselves that we are not good enough. The reason why we are lonely is because we are not worthy of love. At one stage of my life I also said and believed that I am not good, intelligent and beautiful enough to be successful. Then one day someone told me that I must know my worth. Only if you believe in yourself then you will stop feeling like a victim. To challenge your own beliefs takes courage
The Book of Law we live by is made up by ourselves. We create rules for ourselves to live by and we believe that this is how it is suppose to be.
That’s all for today friends, we will continue next Tuesday.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Have a lovely day.
Schedule for Gratitude. Love. Positivity Posts
- Monday – Practicing Gratitude (Using The Magic by Rhonda Byrne as guideline)
- Tuesday & Wednesday – Talk about current book. (The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)
- Thursday – Quote on a photo.
- Friday – Refer to something in The daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- Saturday and Sunday – Quotes
List Of Books used in Gratitude. Love. Positivity posts:
- The Everything Law of Attraction Book by Meera Lester
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
- The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Hero by Rhonda Byrne
- Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- The Greatest Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Master of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz