Good day friends,
Over the next few weeks, I am reading, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Some days I will Quote a page or just give you a summary of what I read and how I understand it. I am just an ordinary person, and I find it interesting how different people/cultures see the world. This is not based on any typical religion. I hope you find it as interesting as I did. Please keep an open mind.
Domestication and the Dream of the Planet: Part 5
“The fear of being rejected becomes the fear of not being good enough. Eventually we become someone that we are not. We become a copy of Mamma’s beliefs, Daddy’s beliefs, society’s beliefs and religion’s beliefs.
All our normal tendencies are lost in the process of domestication. And when we are old enough for our mind to understand, we learn the word no. The adults say, “Don’t do this and don’t do that.” We rebel and say, “No!” We rebel because we are defending our freedom. We want to be ourselves, but we are very little, and the adults are big and strong. After a certain time we are afraid because we know that every time we do something wrong we are going to be punished.
The domestication is so strong that at a certain point in our lives we no longer need anyone to domesticate us. We don’t need Mom or Dad, the school or the church to domesticate us. We are so well trained that we are our own domesticator.”The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
Yes, we are our own domesticators. When we do something wrong we tend to punish ourselves. When we do good we reward ourselves with a gift. Our believe system is like a Book of Law and we live by these set of rules and morals. When we were small we were taught all about the Ten Commandments and it is programmed in our brain. I personally try to live by it. Some of us even singled out a few of these commandments to live by daily.
This is the 5 most important ones for me.
- Do not misuse the name of God.
- Respect your Father and Mother
- Do not steal.
- Do not lie.
- Do not be jealous of others.
Yes, it is not easy but we try and when we stray from our own rules and morals we tend to punish ourselves over and over for the same mistake.
That is all for today friends. Thank you for reading with me.
Have a fantastic day.
Schedule for Gratitude. Love. Positivity Posts
- Monday – Practicing Gratitude (Using The Magic by Rhonda Byrne as guideline)
- Tuesday & Wednesday – Talk about current book. (The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz)
- Thursday – Quote on a photo.
- Friday – Refer to something in The daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- Saturday and Sunday – Quotes
List Of Books used in Gratitude. Love. Positivity posts:
- The Everything Law of Attraction Book by Meera Lester
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Magic by Rhonda Byrne
- The Power by Rhonda Byrne
- Hero by Rhonda Byrne
- Daily Teachings by Rhonda Byrne
- The Greatest Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Master of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Voice of Knowledge by Don Miguel Ruiz