Good day friends,
According to Phillippa Lally, Ph.D., a senior researcher at University College London it takes about 66 days to get into a routine or form a new habit.
28 Days of practicing Gratitude….
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 24: The Magic Wand
I don’t know about you, but I hate to see the people I love struggling with their health and finances. If they are stressed, unhappy in their job, or when their hearts are in pieces. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it better for them.
When I read today’s chapter, I was so happy. I always pray for my family and friends. I ask that they be kept safe and healthy. All this time, I have been doing it wrong; I never used gratitude.
“People who wait for a magic wand fail to see that they are the magic wand.” ~Thomas Leonard
To wave your Magic Wand for another’s problems, imagine that the problem is taken care of. Say the Magic Words, Thank you in a heartfelt celebration of receiving the good news. Imagine the person phones you or tells you in person.
For today’s activity, choose three people you care about and who you would like to help with more health, wealth, happiness, or all three. Get a photograph of each of the three people and keep it in front of you while doing your Magic Wand practice.
Take one person at a time, and hold their photo in your hand. Close your eyes and for a minute, visualize the person’s health, wealth or, happiness has been fully restored, and you are receiving the news.
Open your eyes, and say the magic words slowly: “Thank you, thank you, thank you for Name’s health, wealth, or happiness.”
Do this for all three.
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
- Practice my heart magic.
- Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.