Good day everyone,
28 Days of practicing Gratitude….
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 23: The Magical Air that we Breathe
“It is quite possible to leave your home for a walk in the early morning air and return a different person – beguiled, enchanted.” ~ Mary Ellen Chase
Are you grateful for the air that you breathe every day? I never even gave the air that I breathe a minutes notice. Never even think about it.
The air that we breathe is not an accident of a fluke of nature. We take one breath after another and never give a thought that there is always air for us to breathe. Yet oxygen is one of the most plentiful elements in our body, it feeds our cells that keeps us healthy and alive. Air is the most precious gift of life.
In ancient teachings it is said that when a person reaches the point of being deeply grateful for the air that they breathe, their gratitude will have reached a new level of power, and they will have become the true alchemist, who can effortlessly turn every part of their life into gold.
Today’s activity is as easy as breathing.
Five times today, go outside if possible, stop and think about the glorious air that you breathe. Take five deliberate breaths, and feel the feeling of the air moving inside your body, and feel the joy of breathing it out. After you have taken your five breaths, say the magic words: Thank you for the magical air that I breathe. Be as grateful as you can for the precious gift of life you breathe in every day.
My daily gratitude routine.
1. When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You. Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
2. From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
3. Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
4. Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
5. Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
6. Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
7. Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
8. Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
9. Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
10. While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
11. Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
12. Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
13. When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
14. For 90 seconds, say Thank you every time you take a step.
15. Practice my heart magic.
16. Take 5 deep breaths during the day and say, Thank you for the magical air that I breathe.
17. Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.