Good day friends,
28 Days of practicing Gratitude….
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 15: Healing Your Relationships
Today’s activity hit a nerve. I never realized that I had so many relationships that need healing. Although most of them I do not have any contact with anymore. When someone hurt me, I cut them out of my life as if they never even existed.
If you have a complicated or broken relationship, have a broken heart, or hold any resentment or blame toward another person for anything, you can change it through gratitude.
We all play the blame game. We only see the bad in the other person, and that means we don’t have a shred of gratitude for them. The more we blame, the worse the relationship gets. Bad feelings about another person burn your life, but gratitude will eliminate them.
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” ~ Guatama Buddha
For todays activity choose one difficult, problematic, or broken relationship that you would like to improve. It does not matter if the person is still in your life, or if it’s a past relationship and the person is no longer in your life.
Sit down and make a written list of ten things you’re grateful for about the person. Think back to when the relationship was still great. Name, I’m grateful for__what?___.
By the time you’ve finished your gratitude list you should feel much better about the person and the relationship.
The ultimate point is that you don’t have any more bad feelings towards the person anymore. If you need to you can repeat this activity till you have no more bad feelings towards the person.
Do this with all your difficult, problematic, or broken relationships.
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.
One thought on “Gratitude. Love. Positivity: 28 January 2021”
I like your Blog👍💫
You must log in to post a comment.