Good day friends,
According to Phillippa Lally, Ph.D., a senior researcher at University College London it takes about 66 days to get into a routine or form a new habit.
28 Days of practicing Gratitude….
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 14: Have a Magical day!
Today’s activity is as easy as breathing. To experience a magical day, all you have to do is say thank you in advance. Yes, you are reading correctly. To have a magical day, be grateful in advance.
“Thank you for safe travels to work.”
“Thank you for the lovely dinner I prepared it was delicious.”
“Thank you for one of the best study days ever.”
“Thank you for the best shopping experience ever.”
Have you ever woken up and was in a bad mood? I have, and then my whole day spirals out of control. I mess toothpaste on my shirt, the milk is sour, I catch every red robot, and I am late for my appointment…
From today you don’t need to have a bad day ever again. As soon as you wake up and say Thank you for being alive, you also say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
For today’s activity, work your way through the plans you have for today until bedtime. With each event, say the magic words, thank you, for it has gone well. Be grateful in advance that it went well. After you have finished being grateful for all the plans in your day going well, end the activity by saying: And thank you for the great news coming to me today!
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- Say, Thank you for the magical day I am going to have.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Go through my plans for the day in my mind and say, Thank you in advance for it going smoothly.
- Say, Thank you for the great news coming to me today!
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.