Good day friends,
According to Phillippa Lally, Ph.D., a senior researcher at University College London it takes about 66 days to get into a routine or form a new habit.
This is not a 28 day challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
Day 12: People who made a difference
All of us have people in our lives that made a difference. I know I have a lot of roleplayers in mine. Some are still with me, and others have moved away, or life took them on a different path.
Today’s activity is all about thanking these roleplayers for the way they impacted your life. Think back and choose three people who made a difference in your life. It can be from helping you through a difficult time to making a career choice. Sit somewhere quiet and speak out loud to each person as if they are there with you. Tell them what they did and how it changed your life. Then say Thank you, name. Do all three in the same session so that you can feel the gratitude working its magic.
My Mother was an important roleplayer in my life. She taught me about the value of respect and good manners, was my best friend, my teacher, and my pillar of strength. Thank you, Mom, for all that you taught me. Thank you, Mom, for helping to shape me into the woman I am today.
Are you still keeping up with your daily gratitude routine?
My daily gratitude routine.
- When you wake up to to a new day, before doing a single thing say, Thank You.
- From the moment you put your feet on the ground until you finished your morning routine, say the magic words, Thank You, in your mind for everything you touch and use.
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “Thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say, Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- When someone perform a service that benefits you, look them in the face and say, Thank you.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say, Thank you.
With all my heart, thank you for your continued support.
Have a Blessed day.