Good day friends,
I hope you are still being grateful and will continue to join me on my 28 Days of Gratitude Activities.
This is not a challenge, it’s to help you and me form a habit of being grateful, and after 28 days, we do not stop. We continue. It does not take that long to do, and you can do your activities throughout the day. I would recommend you make yourself a gratitude journal to do the activities in. You can do it either in a book, on your phone or, on your computer. I made myself a book; I like to write things down in my own handwriting.
“Good is underneath every single thing that appears to be negative. If we can know that good is all there is, including in a negative situation, then we will see a negative situation transform into all good.” ~Rhonda Byrne
Day 9: Paying the bills
Bills are something everybody has in common. I am self-employed and do not have a steady monthly paycheck at the end of each month, so this activity is definitely for me.
Let me explain to you how I sometimes feel when I get an email with a bill attached. I get short of breath and begin to panic. Where am I going to get the money to pay all the bills this month? Somehow at every month, I do make payments on all my bills. Sometimes a few days late, but God/the universe make sure I have the necessary funds to do it.
It was not always like this. At times I had to pick and choose what bills I am going to pay. Sometimes I would only pay a small amount on each one to say that I paid something. Then I learned about The Secret in 2008. I started to be more grateful for what I have. My financial situation also improved. But I am still worrying most months.
Who complains when they see the outstanding amount on the utility bill? I do, and it must stop. It is my fault I am panicking.
“Gratitude is riches, and complaint is poverty; it’s the golden rule of your whole life, whether it’s your health, job, relationships, or money.”
Let’s stop complaining and be grateful. When you receive your utility bill, think of all the hot showers and baths you took during the month. Think about all the times you switched on the lights or charge your phone or laptop. Think about all the times you cooked food and how you keep your refrigerator running. Then think about how much the utility company trusts you to pay your bill at the end of the month. Do the same with everyone you receive from now on, and be grateful for the service and products you received.
Today’s activity is simple. You only need to do this when you receive your bills and pay them.
Find any currently unpaid bills and write across them. “Thank you for the money,” and feel grateful for having the money to pay the bill, whether you have it or not. I receive my bills via email. I made a screenshot of each one and Typed in red letters over it in my gallery editor.
The second part of today’s activity is to find ten paid bills. Write across them “Thank you, Paid.” Be grateful for the money you had to pay them.
My daily gratitude routine.
- Count your blessings: Make a list of 10 blessings. Write why you’re grateful for each blessing. Reread your list and say “thank you, thank you, thank you” Feeling gratitude for each blessing.
- Identify 2 relationships and write 5 things you are grateful for in the person. It can be a family member, a friend, a colleague even a pet. During the day say “Thank you, name.”
- Say thank your for your different body parts, organs and your senses. Be grateful for each of them.
- Four times a day read the words on the card slowly and be grateful for your health. (THE GIFT OF HEALTH IS KEEPING ME ALIVE.)
- Four times or more a day look at your Magic Bill and be grateful for the abundance of money you have been given in your life. (THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MONEY I’VE BEEN GIVEN THROUGHOUT MY LIFE.)
- While at work, look for things to be grateful for. Say to yourself. ‘I am so grateful for ……….’
- Try to go through the day without saying or thinking anything negative. If you think negative thoughts stop immediately and say but I am really grateful for…..
- Say Thank you and be grateful every time you eat of drink something.
- Before going to bed, take your magic rock/gratitude rock in your hand and think about all the things to be grateful for that happened the day and say Thank you.
Thank you for your continued support and for joining me on being a more grateful person.
Have a joyful day. Keep safe.